Visa Accelerace- Residency Citizenship Investments

UK Sole Representative Visa ( Extension only)

UK Sole Representative Visa ( Extension only) Visaaccelerace March 29, 2022
Full Family Residency Opportunity

You can bring your spouse and children to the UK.

183 Countries Visa-Free Travel

Travel visa free around the world to over 183+ countries

Free Healthcare and Education

High-quality healthcare and educational systems

High Quality of Life

Safe, secure, and healthy environment.


The Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa category is for businesses that wish to send a senior employee to the UK in order to establish a commercial presence for the company in the UK.  The Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa route closed to new applicants at 9am on 11 April 2022.  Existing Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa holders will be able to extend their stay and settle in the UK.

You can apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Representative of an Overseas Business visa for a further 2 years after the original visa duration of 3 years. Applications to extend visas must be made before expiry of the current visa. You can remain in the UK whilst the application is being processed if you applied prior to current visa expiry.

The Representative of an Overseas Business visa extension application process is complex with strict criteria. The supporting documentation must be fully complete and accurate. As part of our Representative of an Overseas Business visa extension service, we will prepare your application for submission to the Home Office and guide you through the whole process. Immigration.UK is a firm of dedicated immigration lawyers. The firm prides itself in efficient management when processing UK visa extension applications and providing advice for UK settlement.

Eligibility Criteria (extension application):

In order to meet the criteria, overseas business must still have its headquarters and principal place of business outside the United Kingdom. Further, you should be employed full time as a representative of that overseas business, established it and be in charge of its registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary.

You are required to provide evidence to support your application, particularly with regards to generating business since your last grant of leave and your ability to support yourself whilst in the UK.

Experts at Immigration.UK provide comprehensive advice, the eligibility criteria and the documentary evidence required to submit with your application.

If you are granted leave, the following will apply to you.

You should not:

  • Take any other employment;
  • Hold majority of shares in the overseas business.

Processing time:

  • You should apply before your current visa expires;
  • If you are in the UK, we encourage you to apply at least a month before your existing leave expires. If you apply much earlier than this, you risk having a shortfall in leave if you choose to apply for settlement;
  • Priority Service may be available for visa extension which should allow for a decision to be made within 10 working days;
  • Standard processing times for entry clearance applications is approximately 3 weeks and for applications submitted from within the UK processing time is currently approximately 8 weeks;
  • You will be contacted if your application is complicated, and it can take longer if authorities want you to attend interview, verify your supporting documents, or for any other reasons.
Frequently asked questions
Need something else? Contact us
How can we help you?
Feel free to get in touch?

Certain family members can join you when you travel to the UK on a Sole Rep Visa. Your family members will be classed as dependants of you.

The following people will be classed as dependants:

  • A partner
  • A child under 18
  • A child over 18 if currently in UK as a dependant

If you have dependants, you must have £630 in savings per dependant, in addition to the £945 you need to support yourself.

You need to prove you have the required money in your bank account (or the dependant’s bank account) for at least 90 days before you apply for the Innovator Visa.

It is also possible for a person living in the UK to switch their visa to stay with you as a dependant. In these circumstances, the dependant must apply as a dependant partner or a dependant child.

The specific documents which need to be included in the Innovator Visa application depends on your particular circumstances.

Still, the following documents will always need to be included in your portfolio of evidence:

  • Current passport or other valid travel identification
  • Proof of B2 English language test pass (if applicable)
  • Bank statements showing that you have at least £945 in savings in your bank account for 90 consecutive days before you apply
  • Evidence of your investment funds
  • Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where the test has to be taken

Any documents which are not in English or Welsh must be translated by an accredited translator.

It is imperative that you provide all necessary documents in your application, and that they adhere to the strict Home Office standards. Failure to do so will result in an automatic rejection.

If you are applying for the a Sole Rep Visa from outside of the UK, you can expect to receive a decision from the Home Office within three weeks. Applications made from inside the UK can take up to eight weeks. Also, dependant applications will be processed within eight weeks.

The application could take longer to process if the Home Office has any concerns about your application. For instance, you could be asked to have certain supporting documents verified.

If your application is approved, you can stay in the UK for three years.

At the end of the three years you will be able to extend your visa if you still meet the eligibility requirements and are still running a business in the UK, or want to start a new one.


The cost of a UK Sole Rep Visa depends on where you apply from and your specific situation.

Who?Standard ApplicationExtend or Switch
You (from Turkey or Macedonia)£966£1,222
Dependents£1,021 per person£1,277 per person
Open chat
Need help? We are happy to help you!
Need help?
We are happy to help you!